Sunday, August 16, 2009

What I Didn't Know About Homeschooling

So I found this written by a woman whom I have never met but I feel is a kindred spirit. So often when I read her posts, she speaks right to my heart. Often times they bring me to tears. I read this and I related to this so much.

Our decision to homeschool has done for me more than I could have ever imagined. I see that God has a plan in it for me and is changing my heart in the process. I often get the comment, "Oh, I could never homeschool, I don't have the patience. . . " Now I am not out to tell others what God's mission for them is but I know that there are so many virtues that I want and need to develop, patience being one of them. And I guess I figure that now is as good a time as any to learn them.

Surely, my God is as interested in teaching me to walk with Him as He is my children. Surely, I am grateful that my path to learn these virtues has my children at my side. And surely, I know that I do indeed need His guidance every hour and that without Him, I can do nothing.

So here are some of her thoughts so beautifully expressed. . .
What I didn't know about homeschooling

2 comments:

  1. Maria, I loved reading that, too. I don't have kids onld enough for school yet, but I've considered homeschooling when they get that age. I'd say that post is a good argument FOR homeschooling. Enjoy the new school year!
    ps - love the thunder storm, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your kind words and for linking to my blog. So glad the Lord has used my words to bless you. That would be Him!

    ReplyDelete