Earlier this month we got to celebrate another birthday! It is birthday season in our house from February until May- Just one right after another. We have a few really fun birthday traditions. The children always pick a theme and then I always make a banner and a cake to go with that theme. We like to keep birthdays as a family event and it is always a fun bonding time for us. The rest of us normally all chip in to do the birthday child's chores and of course he gets to pick what we eat for dinner. The boys also hide the presents around the house and sometimes they even do a scavenger hunt for finding the presents.
This year Josh wanted a soccer cake and I was so excited to make hime this cake! It is like a soccer ball erupting from the ground! I loved his face when he saw it. I think this is one of my favorite mommy jobs!
He loves to read so most of his presents were books- The Indian in the Cupboard Returns, and some other historical fiction type books from his brothers and Grandma.
We also found him this really cool toy- Electronic Snap Circuits. He has been loving this gift and it is a great way to introduce electronics to him!
Teaching Textbooks Giveaway with a Tablet!!
3 months ago

Happy Birthday Josh! I meant to call and I'm sorry I didn't! I can't believe how old my nephews are getting...it makes me feel old:)
ReplyDeleteAwesome cake Maria!!!
That cake is awesome, Maria! Happy Birthday to Josh!!
ReplyDeleteps - I totally hear you on the running thing... I had all these grand dreams of running after the race, but I have yet to lace up the shoes again. Maybe next week... ;)
I can't believe Josh is 7. Seriously? Wow. Time flies! Thanks for fining me/my blog. I'm happy to keep tabs on you.
ReplyDeleteAbout the project, I imagine overnight will be long enough to let them dry. It really was a fun project. (not very exact though-- which is just my style!)