It started at Midnight in:
The Lincoln Tunnel- actually we weren't in the Lincoln Tunnel at this time but because we got caught in the Lincoln Tunnel- for over an hour!- getting to the Temple Friday night- we weren't able to get home until late and I took our babysitter (whom we love) back home after midnight. It was worth it - we love the temple! I didn't get to bed until about 1AM though!
At 8, my friend Susan picked me up to go to Women's Conference. I had such a wonderful time! I am so glad I went. The theme was Provident Living and they really focused on being prepared. I thought a good point that one speaker made was that when we are spiritually and financially prepared (that includes being out of debt), God can better use us to help bring relief to others.
I went to two different classes. The first one was on Happy Living- not really anything that I didn't know already but good reminders that our Heavenly Father does want us to have joy!
The other class I went to was on financial planning for women. I was surprised at how much I loved this class. Although right now I am completely happy and grateful to focus my time and efforts at home - I realize that this situation could change and I should be ready for it. As the teacher was talking I realized that I should be keeping track of what I am doing even though I am not officially working and that I should always be updating my "experiencial resume" that shows how I am using my time while not at work. As I thought of it I really have been developing many skills that I should be proud of and that would help me be marketable if the need came that I had to go out of the home to work.
Surely I left with my cup filled! And what were Reed and the kids doing while I was gone? - Well, it's soccer season once again and Reed is coaching/helping coaching the boys teams- well, not Joey's- Reed doesn't do kindersoccer- yes there is a story behind that- lol! All the boys had games that morning and Reed took care of that- my hero!
Then for the afternoon. . . one of my favorite music groups, Eden String Quartet, has a documentary about their family and in it the father said that there were three things he wanted his children to learn 1- to work, 2- to serve, and 3- to suffer. Well, I agree with those objectives and today we for sure covered 2 of them! It is planting season again and once again we are adding to our collection!
And boy did our boys learn to work! They were great helpers!
What did we plant?
25 strawberry plants (we have 25 more but they will keep for a little longer)
3 blueberry bushes
9 rasberry bushes
2 grape vines
3 black berry bushes
As the sun started going down and we weren't done Reed casually said, " I think we order too much at one time" - You think?! Anyone who knows me well knows that I often think big- a little too big!
So where does the suffering come in? At 9PM we finally sent the boys in to take baths and at 10PM we ate dinner. I knew they would live but they sure thought they were suffering! Once while we were out there Josh said, "you know Mom, I wasn't going to come out when you called us (oh really. . . ) but then I thought, wait, working is fun, I love to work! (yes!)
The day ended at Midnight! What a crazy day!

A little tired. . .

Gardening by lantern light is becoming a family tradition. . . yes we've done it before!

My Awesome Helpers!

We did take some breaks! ;)
How great! Teaching children to work is important and hard and wonderful... :)
ReplyDeleteYou asked about collages, I use shutterfly and they are a breeze, I know other people who use picassa and snapfish and I think they have pretty simple programs too. Good luck. I wish I could help more, Shutterfly is how I manage my pictures on my computer and it is free. I love free. :)
I hope we get to see lots of pictures of your trip!!!
That is so awesome. This post made me nostalgic for my garden in Utah, I had raspberries and strawberries too. I can't wait to finally get moved into a place of out own and start planting things again.
ReplyDelete