
What a great day I had today. My friend Joan came over today and I gave her a VitaMix demo. It is a new toy I got for Christmas and we LOVE it! Anyhow, Joan is my health food friend. A couple of years ago, she came over and showed me how to make bread and I am so grateful for that new skill (as is my family!)
I was so happy to return the favor to her today.
The demo included
*cracking wheat and also grinding it into flour
*making flour from beans
*making a fresh smoothie- pineapple, orange, and banana was the flavor today
*homemade strawberry icecream- seriously this is to die for! It calls for a cup of skim milk, a lb of frozen strawberries, less then 1/2 cup of sugar, and vanilla and in less then a minute you have the freshest, yummiest icecream you will ever have!
*fresh ground peanut butter - so smooth and yummy! - no sugar, salt, or partially hydrogenated oils- just peanuts!- we taste tested it on homemade bread from the wheat I grinded earlier- party in the mouth!
*my favorite feature- when you are done you fill it half way with water turn it on high and watch it clean itself! - gotta love that! :)
After we were done with that we sat and read some of each other's health books and shared ideas. I love this woman! She reminds me of Sister Beck's talk a while ago when she mentioned that for sisters that don't have moms near by the Relief Society helps fill that void and boy have I felt that since we have moved across the country. The women here especially have helped me in so many ways and I have learned so much from them and for that I am truly grateful.
And to end such a beautiful day, Reed and I are headed up into NYC this evening to the temple- I can't wait!
I saw one of those demo'ed (is that a word??) at a county fair the other summer and thought it looked so cool! Good to know it really IS that cool -- and not just talked up by the salesmen. I may have to add it to my Christmas wish list for some day down the road... :) How was the trip to Italy? Would love to see pics!
ReplyDelete