Monday, May 4, 2009

A Reason to Celebrate

"Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee. . ." - Jeremiah 1:5

We love to celebrate birthdays! We use this time to teach/remind our children that we are celebrating their choice to come to earth and to get a body. Certainly this is a reason to celebrate! I feel so blessed to have each of my children here with me. They make my life full.

Today we celebrated Jacob's 9th birthday. . . can I really have a nine year old? He wanted a space ship cake this year. I got so frustrated making this. I got a cake mix for convenience - I know better! I HATE cake mixes! It was such a mess. . . but it turned out OK, although a bit lopsided. Fortunately, Jacob is a very gracious little boy.

He begged to light his cake this year. He thought it was so cool that it was the fire from the rocket. And, yes that is a cast he has on - a family first. He got a buckle fracture in his radius playing goalie at soccer. No worries though, he can still play soccer (well, not goalie for now) but he can't practice the violin, piano and he definitely can't do much handwriting. . . he is so sad about that. . . LOL!

I also put some pictures from Joey's Birthday that was in April. Poor, poor Joey, no baby book, no blog. . . such is the life of the third boy. . . His birthday theme was football. I thought this was funny as we aren't really the "football" type family. But he loves sports - all sports. Although I still think he favors soccer. He wears his soccer clothes whenever possible- down to the shin guards and cleats!- to bed, to the store - I mean everywhere! And boy does he have moves! I will have to do a soccer post later.

This boy cracks me up - he is so full of life! You can't help but smile when you are around him. This is very convenient for him as he gets out of a lot of trouble this way!


2 comments:

  1. Oh man, I missed giving Jacob a call. Actually I have missed giving all of your kids calls this year on their birthdays.

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACOB!!!!! I was thinking about you all day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are fabulous cakes! I really love that the candles are on the "bottom" of the spaceship cake...too funny!

    ReplyDelete