Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Florida Pictures

Fortunately we were able to drive down to Florida to be with Reed during his business trip. It was a long trip but worth it- we had a such a great time.
Here are some highlights:

Reed's conference was at a hotel at the beach and we had so much fun building sandcastles, hunting for shells, and swimming. And we were even able to pull Reed away from work a couple times to play with us!



We were able to go to the zoo one day in Tampa. Apparently, the Tampa Zoo is rated America's #1 family zoo. I have to admit it was a nice zoo and the kids had a fun time. They really like playing in the sprinklers at the end.

I loved these pictures when I saw them. I rarely get serious pictures of my boys as they are normally all smiley and silly. Although they are true boys and bring such life to our family, they each also have a thoughtful side which I deeply admire as well. These shots caught a glimpse of that side.

We didn't eat until late almost every night so that we could eat with Daddy. This night I guess got the best of them. We thought it was so funny that Reed ran back up to our room to grab the camera.

On our last day there, we took the Jolly Trolley to Pier 61 and took a boat ride to see some dolphins. And, indeed we saw some dolphins. The crew also had some bread to feed the birds. The crew was tricky. As we were feeding the birds they came behind us and sprayed us with water guns. We didn't realize what it was at first and thought that the birds were leaving some 'presents' on us - thankfully they fessed up to their plot before we all got too grossed out!

On the way back we stopped at Jamestown and had a wonderful time walking through the Indian Village, Fort, and Boats. They also had a chance to make rope, and help dig out burnt wood to make a canoe. We hope to come back here next spring again and have more time to browse around and maybe see Yorktown and Williamsburg - this will fit perfectly for starting our early American history unit this year.

2 comments:

  1. We are so sad we didn't get to see you, but looks like you had a fantastic time in Florida. Such cute pictures! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you put up pictures. You all look and sound like you had a great trip. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete