Thursday, July 2, 2009

I Love Bananas Coconuts and Grapes (grapes)

Jacob's Cub Scout pack had day camp last week. They had such a fun time. I chaperoned one day and Josh and Joey came with me. They also had such a fun time. I had to borrow our friend's BMW to transport so many children (5 cub scouts and Josh and Joey - oh, and BMW= Big Mormon Wagon aka 15 passenger van :) ).

The highlight of Cub Camp: Weapons. Take your pick. . . Bow and Arrow, BB Gun, or Sling Shot. . . or all three! Now, I don't have an aversion to learning how to use these. In fact, Reed and I have been meaning to go to a shooting range with one of our dear friends so we could learn to shoot ourselves. Unfortunately, that family just moved to North Carolina so that will have to wait even longer now. Anyway, as I was taking pictures, I kept thinking to myself, "Is my five year old really learning how to shoot?" Yes, he is and he did pretty well. They actually have these stations set up very well and they are very strict about rules and safety so I was fine with all the boys learning. Oh, and Mom tried some too. . . it was my first time shooting and I got bulls eye. Just call me Annie ;). (Yes, I know it was just a BB Gun) I tried the others as well. Another mom got a picture of me with the sling shot.

The boys also love learning silly songs about bananas, ravioli, and a bunch of other silly things only little boys can truly appreciate. And of course there are the standard Scout skits about invisible benches, the fly that's mistaken for a raisen etc. Again, I think it is a little boy thing. . .

They also made a couple of crafts while they were there. This year they made a tool box and an ocean craft (the theme was pirates).

No comments:

Post a Comment