So, I know I am a little late but by the time we got back home we have been dropping like flies with one sickness or another. So, since the kids are for the most part better, and I am vertical for the first time in ??? I thought I would do something mindless like create a slideshow for the blog - LOL! It took a bit more time and brain power than I thought. FYI - don't use Smilebox - it will contort your face into many things but NOT a smile! - I know I'm Grumpy...but I am Grumpy because they're Dopey! (a little corny pun I picked up at DisneyWorld - I knew it would come in handy sometime!).
My complaints- it doesn't lay it out in the blog- it sends you out to get commercials first! Arghhhh!
You have to press play and set the speed when you watch it even though I have already programmed it! Double Arghhhh!!!
I am sure all you computer literates out there are smiling patiently at me- I am open for any tips!
Anyway - back to our trip. We had the privilege of driving down to Florida to spend Thanksgiving with Grandma and Grandpa, Rich and Jayna and their family and Marta.
Another special treat was to spend a day with my brother Rick and his wife Patty - it was such a perfect day! Unfortunately I didn't bring the camera out until the later part of the trip when I realized that I hadn't taken any pictures yet. Nevertheless, that was a wonderful memory to have!
The kids were so good on the car ride and Anna was an angel the whole time we were there. We watched some movies and listened to a Radio Drama of The Chronicles of Narnia - we are still listening to it- it's all 7 books! That helped pass the time.
It was such a great week and we got to go to the temple down in Orlando and in Washington DC on the way back up - that was also a treat for us!
We had a great time - here are some highlights!- Don't forget to press play or you will only listen to the song and see no pictures and you might want to slow the speed down a tad.
Teaching Textbooks Giveaway with a Tablet!!
3 months ago
Sounds like a GREAT trip. I wish we could have joined you guys. Also I am so excited that you guys have a blog, I LOVE reading blogs:)
ReplyDeleteI love it. I'm glad I inspired you. I hope yu keep it up. It has been fun for our family like you said it is great for journaling
ReplyDeleteYou can try adding a sideshow gadget to your sidebar in customize. I added one with picassa, but I don't like how small the pictures are. You could try flicker.
ReplyDeleteKudos to you starting a blog, if you even post once a week, you will really be glad in the long run as far as family journalling goes.